The Australian Opportunity
Australia is in a unique position amongst developed markets with a strong economy that outperformed other developed markets during the financial crisis and due to its leading position in key sectors, is well poised for future growth.
With world-class industrial capabilities and unique geographic advantages in the world's fastest growing region, its exposure to and engagement with Asia Pacific offers a strategic advantage to investors looking to position themselves for global growth opportunities.
Specifically, Australia offers investors:
- A stable and efficient regulatory environment
- A highly skilled and multilingual workforce
- A culture of innovation
- Political stability and an excellent legal system
The Australian Economy
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) forecasts growth of three per cent in 2013, and an average annual rate of 3.2 per cent from 2012 to 2017.
- Australia's real GDP growth is expected to outperform every major advanced economy to 2017 (IMF World Economic Outlook, Oct 2012).
- Australia ranks as the world's third largest energy export producer (International Energy Agency, Key World Energy Statistics 2012).
- Australia is much more than mining and resources: more than 80 per cent of its economy is services based.
- Australia has recorded 22 years of uninterrupted annual growth from 1991 to 2012, an achievement unequalled by any other developed economy (IMF World Economic Outlook Database 2012).
- Rich in natural resources with lowest population density of any large economy.
Source: IMF WEO April 2014